Perks in 2020
Employee perk programs are valuable to leadership today for three main reasons:
- When asked what leaders could do to improve engagement, 58% of respondents replied, "give recognition". (OfficeVibe)
- 36% of employees felt so strongly about recognition that it was the number one reason they’re considering new jobs. (Achievers)
- 41% of companies that use peer-to-peer recognition have seen positive increases in customer satisfaction. (Globohealth)
- 72% of employees said having more work benefits would increase job satisfaction. (Zoro)
- Why do employees stay with their current employer? 74% stay for interesting work and the 69% stay based on recognition and rewards. (Achievers)
- Companies with employee recognition programs have a 31% lower voluntary turnover. (DELOITTE)
- 70% would be at least somewhat likely to leave their current organizations and take a job with one that invests in employee development and learning. (The Harris Poll)
- 73% of U.S. workers said health and wellness programs are a consideration in deciding to work for a company. (OfficeTeam)
- 89% of HR executives feel that recognition programs are improving the employee experience. (SHRM/Globoforce)
Our best tips for awe-inspiring perks in 2020
The best office perks have nothing to do with how much they cost and everything to do with the intent behind them.
If a wellness program is more about your mission to have a mentally and physically healthy team—and less about the cost savings—employees are more likely to utilize and appreciate it. Human touch before everything, always.
But still… quantity.
The reality is, employee perks are no longer an option; They’re a necessity.
We see three main trends when companies come to us: they want to offer better rewards and recognition, keep their employees around longer, or attract top-tier talent (or some combination of all of the above). Perks help with all three. Don't believe us? Read these reviews.
Diversification is key.
Your team is diverse, so why wouldn’t your perks be?
Expecting employees to participate in a perks program that doesn’t offer inclusive options is likely to set you up for a lot of work and little reward. That’s why we do what we do—we help make employee perks more personal.
Find out how your team can benefit from Zestful’s consolidated, streamlined, easy-to-use employee perk software—all while eliminating the reimbursement process—at zestful.com.